During the cooler and colder months of the year, roasting is a perfect way to cook vegetables, caramelizing them and bringing out their deeper flavors. Roasted broccoli with roasted red peppers is one of the easiest and tastiest vegetable side dishes. Broccoli is a nutritional powerhouse of vegetables. The health benefits of this vegetable go on and on.
Broccoli and red peppers make an easy combination. The peppers add some brightness and natural sweetness to the crisp broccoli. Bell peppers are rich in the antioxidants and vitamins listed here, where you can also find some suggestions for incorporating them into your diet.
What can this roast vegetable dish accompany? Broccoli tastes great with beef, like our Skinny Slow Cooker Pot Roast, but can be a side to any meat or poultry. The red and green make this look festive for the holidays, and it can be a healthful and easily made side dish to add to any holiday meal.
Yields: 4 Servings | Serving Size: 1 Cup | Calories: 83 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 239 mg | Carbohydrates: 4 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints: 3 |
- 1 head broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the florets from the head of broccoli. In a large bowl, toss the broccoli florets with the red pepper strips, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Spread in an even single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the broccoli has browned at the edges and is tender.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.