This pot roast will make your house smell amazing!
After soaking all day in juices and seasonings, and paired with carrots, potatoes, and onions, the mouth-watering aroma from this favorite dish will entice you to the dinner table before you’ve even closed the front door behind you! Make a little extra and enjoy our Classic Pot Roast the next day.
We recommend a 6 quart slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Classic Pot Roast
- 3 carrots large, peeled and sliced or 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 red potatoes medium, sliced into wedges or 8 small red potatoes
- 1 onion medium, sliced thin
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 pounds boneless chuck roast or tenderloin for an extra lean cut
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups beef broth fat-free low sodium
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or tapioca starch, optional
- 2 tablespoons water optional
- Add carrots, potatoes, onion, bay leaves, roast, garlic, vinegar and broth to slow cooker, in that order. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until internal temperature of roast has reached 145 degrees and vegetables are tender. If using a Set 'n Forget slow cooker, set the internal temperature of the roast to reach 145 degrees.
- For a thicker gravy, combine cornstarch and water, pour into slow cooker the last 15 minutes of cooking time, for a thicker sauce.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.