You don’t have to spend big bucks in a posh Soho cafe’ to enjoy exotic flavors like those found in our Roasted Pear Sandwich with Baby Spinach. Roasted pears create a taste unlike any other. Pair pear with a leafy green, like baby spinach, and you’ve got yourself a delicious sandwich that’s perfect for a summer afternoon!
Top your Roasted Pear Sandwich with our Goat Cheese Yogurt Spread. Mmm…
Yields: 4 servings | Serving size: 1 sandwich | Calories: 176 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 5 mg | Sodium: 159 mg | Carbohydrates: 26 g | Dietary fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 11 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7 |
- 2 Bosc Pears of medium firmness, peeled, cored and seeded
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 slices whole grain artisan bread, cut bread horizontally
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine canola oil and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Cut pears into ½” slices and gently toss in oil and lemon juice. Place pears on rimmed cookie sheet and roast 20 minutes, or until pears are tender and lightly golden.
- Toast bread and add favorite condiment or Goat Cheese Yogurt Spread to one side of each slice, top with spinach and pears, lightly press bread together.