An alternative to regular coleslaw! Add some fresh earthy crunch to your summer BBQ!
Coleslaw is the ultimate BBQ side dish, but it’s often made with unhealthy ingredients. Most store-bought coleslaw has added sugar, and all coleslaw recipes have tons of mayonnaise. We want you to be able to enjoy your slaw without worrying about its impact on your waistline. This root vegetable coleslaw is the clean-eating coleslaw you’ve been waiting for. It’s made with Greek yogurt and clean mayo instead of mayonnaise, and honey instead of refined sugar. The veggies add an extra nutritional punch. Jicama, sweet potatoes, carrots, and parsnips are all great sources of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. This healthy, tasty side dish will shine at your summer parties, and will quickly become a family favorite.
Root Vegetable Coleslaw
- 1 cup jicama shredded
- 1/2 cup turnip shredded
- 1/2 cup rutabaga shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1/4 cup parsnip shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup sweet potato raw, shredded
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup clean mayonnaise recommend Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt plain, fat-free
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/3 cup radishes thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons parsley fresh, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine jicama, turnip, rutabaga, carrot, parsnip, onion, and sweet potato. Drizzle lemon juice over the top of the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Combine vinegar, mayonnaise, honey, yogurt, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Gradually pour over the top of the vegetables and toss to coat. Top with sliced radish and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms