A light dish with endless possibilities!
Every weekly menu rotation needs room for healthy, yet delicious lean proteins. However, adding the same protein to every lunch and dinner can get boring. Well, don’t worry, these Salmon Quinoa Cakes are here to spice up your life! This recipe uses quinoa instead of carb-heavy bread crumbs, so you get an extra superfood punch. Plus, Greek yogurt replaces mayonnaise, so these versatile treats are protein powerhouses. The key to keeping these salmon cakes from drying out is to slightly undercook, rather than overcook the salmon. Alternatively, you could use leftover salmon from another meal, or even canned salmon, if you’re in a pinch.
These quinoa cakes are super filling and would be just right served over a light salad, or alongside this Skinny Zucchini Pasta and Baby Spinach dish. You could even make a large patty and enjoy a tasty salmon burger—the possibilities are endless!
Salmon Quinoa Cakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound salmon fillets fresh, skin removed
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa cooked
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup dill fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Rub salmon with 1 tablespoon olive oil and bake on a tray for 10 minutes, or until the salmon is just undercooked. When it has cooled, flake the salmon.
- Add the salmon and all the juices from the baking tray into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mash together, then form into 10 patties. Turn the heat down in the oven to 350 degrees and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes, until the patties are cooked through.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other recipes you might enjoy:
How did this recipe turn out for you? Let us know in the comments section below!