This light, satisfying dish is bursting with essential nutrients.
When warm weather comes knockin’ and vegetable season rolls around, whip up some Skinny Zucchini Pasta & Baby Spinach!
Flavorful and tasty, especially in season, zucchini tops the charts in terms of powerful superfoods. The veggie does so much more than offer a host of health benefits. It’s super versatile, starring in countless dishes in a variety of roles. Fresh zucchini disguised as pasta noodles pairs beautifully with baby spinach in this healthy recipe.
This light, satisfying dish is bursting with essential nutrients. Topped with a mouthwatering medley of garlic, olive oil, tomatoes, and savory spices, the two superfoods soak up amazing flavor. Sprinkle some parmesan on top for a fabulous finish, and voila! This recipe will have the kids gobbling up their veggies without hesitation.
Skinny Zucchini Pasta & Baby Spinach
- 4 zucchini medium, peeled and ends removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes can
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup baby spinach loosely packed
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Place each zucchini on a vegetable spiralizer to make the pasta. Use the smaller holes for spaghetti.
- Optional: Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt on zucchini pasta, tossing to coat. Spread pasta on a double layer of paper towels on a baking sheet, which will extract some of the water. Allow to set for 10 minutes.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Raise heat to medium, add tomatoes with liquid, capers, parsley, oregano, black pepper, red pepper, remaining salt, and zucchini pasta, tossing to combine.
- Cook until pasta is tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add to a serving platter and sprinkle with parmesan.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We love hearing from our readers. Please leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else you would like to see on the site.