Tired of boring, basic salads? Turn your salad side dish into the star of your meal! Our Shrimp and Feta Salad Bowl dresses up ordinary salad greens, transforming them into a gorgeously colorful, flavor-rich meal your friends will love.
Whole-wheat tortillas line oven-safe bowls and are baked to golden perfection. Leafy greens with rich red peppers and tomatoes fill the bowls. Chewy, tender shrimp bathed in a balsamic vinegar dressing tops the salad. Sharp feta cheese sprinkled over the dish enhances the shrimp’s flavor and adds more boldness to every bite. Dish up these bowls for a tasty, protein-packed lunch or dinner!
Yields: 2 servings | Calories: 392 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 1180mg | Carbohydrates: 51g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g | Protein: 14g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 14 |
- 1 1/2 cups cleaned, deveined, and shelled raw shrimp
- 1/2 cup (low-fat) feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers (from jar or homemade)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (large) whole-grain flour tortillas or wraps
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place 2 oven safe bowls on a baking sheet. Spray bowls with cooking spray or lightly coat with olive oil. Press each tortilla or wrap to fit inside each bowl. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before removing from bowls.
- Meanwhile, add balsamic vinegar to small sauce pan over medium heat. Allow to cook for 8 minutes or until vinegar becomes syrupy and coats the back of a spoon when dipped.
- Bring a salted saucepan of water to a boil. Add shrimp and cook for two minutes. Drain and then place colander with shrimp in an ice water filled bowl to cool, for about 15 seconds. Remove from bowl.
- Toss salad greens, roasted peppers, and cherry tomatoes in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Top with feta cheese and shrimp. Drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve. Enjoy!
Hungry for more healthy salad recipes? Let us know what you thought about this article or what else you’d like to see featured on the site.