Start your skillets for a warm, comforting dessert that’s out of this world delicious! Fresh peaches are simmered in a caramelly cinnamon-honey sauce and topped with a sweet coconut-sugar crumble. The best part? That crumble topping is 100% clean eating approved! Made with whole wheat flour, coconut flour, and almond flour, the streusel topping has more flavor than traditional cobblers. So good, in fact, that we guarantee even the pickiest eaters will love this version better than any other.
Peach cobbler is the quintessential summertime treat, with its roots in Southern cooking. It tends to appear right around the time that peaches are in season, and is often the sweet, dreamy confection that is served right after a heaping dinner of old-fashioned, Southern comfort food. But this recipe bucks all of the preconceptions you have in your head about the fat, sugar, and calories that come along with most peach cobbler recipes. Yes, this is clean eating peach cobbler, a peach cobbler recipe that will make traditionalists smile and healthy eaters ask for your secret.
Your secret is the mix of unrefined, nutritious flours that comprise the crumble toppping. Your secret is the combination of coconut oil, white grape juice, and honey that lend the filling its ooey, gooey sweetness. The peaches are the stars of this recipe, and the other ingredients can easily be substituted with healthier alternatives for a cobbler that shines, and impresses even the most die-hard of comfort food devotees.
Yields: 10 squares or slices/ 10 servings | Serving size: 1 slice or square | Calories: 260 | Total Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fats: 12 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 157 mg | Carbohydrates: 31 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 18 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 13
- FOR THE COBBLER:
- 8 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups white grape juice
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or 1 egg)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- FOR GARNISH (if desired):
- 1 cup Fresh blueberries
- coconut milk ice cream (vanilla)
- Stir all cobbler ingredients together and place in the bottom of a cast-iron skillet. In a medium bowl, mix together all streusel toppings. Crumble streusel over the peach mixture. Cover skillet and heat over medium heat for 15-25 minutes, until the peaches reach your preferred tenderness and the streusel topping has set.
- Serve topped with coconut milk ice cream and a sprinkling of fresh blueberries.
We’re pinning the most delicious clean eating recipes on Pinterest and posting about fantastic workout challenges on Facebook. Don’t miss a thing! And stay informed by subscribing to our daily newsletter.
Let us hear what you have to say about SkinnyMs. Feel free to leave a comment about this post or any SkinnyMs. Content.