A cheesy, veggie-packed family favorite!
Here’s another recipe that’s easy to prepare and only 237 calories per serving.
Artichoke & Spinach Penne Casserole
- 4 cups whole wheat penne cooked - cook to al dente
- 6 cups baby spinach loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 24 ounces marinara jar - no sugar added
- 14 1/2 ounces artichoke hearts can - drained and cut in half
- 1 cup cottage cheese fat free
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella part skim
- 1 cup ricotta low fat
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop or tear spinach leaves into small pieces. Add olive oil to a large skillet, heat to medium-low, add spinach and cook just until wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked penne, marinara, wilted spinach and artichokes, toss to combine.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine cheeses, egg white, oregano, black pepper, red pepper flakes and salt.
- In a 9" x 13" casserole dish, add 1/2 of penne mixture, top with 1/2 of cheese mixture and continue layering until all ingredients have been used. The cheese mixture should go on last. Sprinkle parmesan over pasta and additional freshly ground black pepper if desired. Bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms