Try this sweet and savory side dish!
Looking for a low-calorie side dish to go with your delicious dinner? Green beans contain only 44 calories per cup and they cook up to be crisp and flavorful. The cranberries and walnuts add sweetness, vitamins and nutrients, and omega-3 fatty acids. Dig in!
Green Beans with Cranberries & Walnuts
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 shallot small, thinly sliced
- Blanch the green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender-crisp, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the green beans from the boiling water, place in a bowl of water with ice cubes for a few minutes to stop the cooking, and then drain and dry well.
- Whisk together the vinegar and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Add the cool green beans to a large bowl and toss in the walnuts, cranberries and shallots and drizzle in the vinaigrette. Place on a platter or serving dish.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.