It can be a challenge to find skinny versions of your favorite baked goods. We slimmed down a traditional muffin to make these Skinny Lemon Muffins, so they’re full of flavor. But don’t worry, they have a deliciously low calorie count as well! We’ve used coconut sugar and honey to sweeten, while coconut oil, low-fat Greek yogurt, and lots of lemon bring the zing. You can whip up these muffins in a pinch, since they’re so easy. Plus, the glaze topping sends them over the edge.
You can eat them any time of day—not just at breakfast! Give them to teachers as treats, serve them at tea parties or showers, or bring them to your next housewarming or holiday party.
Yields: 12 muffins | Serving Size: 1 muffin | Calories: 180 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 147mg | Carbohydrates: 17g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 9g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon of coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup of raw honey
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt, low-fat
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon of lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons organic powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together coconut oil and eggs until a smooth consistency. Add coconut palm sugar, raw honey, and Greek yogurt and mix again. Add vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest and whisk well.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixture. Using a spatula, fold them in together until smooth. Divide the batter between muffin tins and bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Take it out and set on a wire rack to cool off. Enjoy!
- Combine all glaze ingredients together and mix well. If needed, adjust powdered sugar and lemon juice for desired consistency. Glaze should easily drizzle off of a spoon or fork. Once consistency is reached, drizzle over slightly warm muffins.
What are some baked treats you would like to see skinnied up? Give us your ideas in the comments!