Make your own deliciously clean chocolate-covered chocolate mint cookies with this incredible recipe. Surprisingly simple to make, you’ll have a whole batch in a matter of minutes. Just stir, bake, and dip your cookies in our dark chocolate peppermint coating. This recipe is seriously that simple. And these Skinny Mint Cookies are seriously delicious!
Yields: 36 cookies/36 servings | Serving Size: 1 cookie | Calories: 74 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 1 mg | Sodium: 5 mg | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints: 4
- FOR THE COOKIES:
- 1 cup white whole wheat or gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- pinch sea salt
- 3-8 drops water (if needed)
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE:
- 8 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- For the cookies:
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, coconut oil, maple syrup or honey,vanilla, peppermint extract, and sea salt until a thick dough forms. Add a few drops of water, if needed to keep the dough from being crumbly.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll out until 1/4" thick. Cut into 1" circles and place the cut-out cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, or just until the cookies have set in the center. Remove and cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cool, heat the chocolate:
- Place the chocolate chips in a double boiler (make your own by placing a small pan over a pan with just a little bit of water ( about an inch)- the simmering water should not be touching the top pan). Allow the water just to simmer over low heat, and stir slowly with a spatula, until just melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut oil and peppermint extract. Coconut oil should be in liquid form when adding to the chocolate, so warm it separately first if necessary.
- Alternately, place the chocolate chips in a microwaveable glass bowl and cook for 15 seconds, then stir, repeating if necessary until melted. Stir in the coconut oil and peppermint extract. IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure that water or moisture does not get into the chocolate or the chocolate will seize and be unusable.
- Dip the cookies into the melted chocolate. Return the dipped cookies to the parchment-lined baking sheet. Once all cookies have been dipped, place them in the fridge until the chocolate hardens.
- For best results, store cookies in fridge until ready to serve.