Wrap up your quinoa, Mexican-style!
With hearty black beans and quinoa, you’re getting a healthy dose of fiber and protein in this filling wrap that’s perfect for lunch or dinner! Wraps can also make great party food, and kids love them, too! Plus, once you’ve whipped up the quinoa, all you need to do is add four additional ingredients, and you’ve got a meal!
Protein Quinoa & Bean Burrito Wrap
- There are two methods to prepare our Quinoa & Bean Burrito Wrap recipe.
Method 1 (This is the Flauta method, crunchy and yummy!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the first 4 ingredients to a mixing bowl, toss to combine. Evenly divide mixture along the edge of each tortilla. Roll snugly and cut each burrito in half. Lightly spray each side with non-stick cooking spray or brush with olive oil. Place seam side down on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or non-stick baking sheet. Don't allow wraps to touch so that they get crispy on all sides.
- Bake approximately 16 to 20 minutes, or until wraps are lightly golden and crispy. Turn over after 10 minutes of cooking time. If desired, serve with either fat-free Greek yogurt or reduced-fat sour cream, and additional salsa. Serve immediately.
Method 2 (Burrito method)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Stack tortillas, wrap in foil, place on a cookie sheet, and warm 15 minutes while quinoa & beans are heating up. In the meantime, combine in a skillet the cooked quinoa, black beans, and salsa. Heat over medium-low heat until hot.
- Evenly divide quinoa & bean mixture over the edge of each tortilla. Evenly distribute the cheese over the quinoa mixture. Snugly roll each tortilla then cut in half. If desired, serve with fat-free Greek yogurt or reduced-fat sour cream, and additional salsa.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms