A tasty soup that'll have you feeling toasty warm!
This yummy soup is packed with flavor and the rich taste of the southwest. Flavorful and filling, it can be served with a side of whole grain bread, and topped with fresh herbs or avocado.
Slow Cooker Black Bean & Veggie Soup
- 1/2 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 sweet onion small, diced
- 3 carrots sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 sweet potato medium, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 14 1/2 ounces fire roasted tomatoes canned, regular diced is optional
- 4 ounces green chili peppers canned, diced
- 30 ounces black beans canned, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, stir. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until carrots are tender. If desired, top with a dollop of fat-free sour cream and reduced-fat cheddar cheese.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms