Treat your body to this scrumptious, low-calorie soup!
Prepare this simple and skinny slow cooker superfood soup in just two simple steps! Made with nutrient-packed veggies, flavorful spices, and protein-rich black beans, this recipe is full of superfoods, perfect for a tasty meal while helping you reach your health goals.
Vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, and green beans are high in vitamins, minerals, and fiber– making them superfoods that are wonderful for your health. These vegetables are all high in antioxidants as well, which are compounds that provide benefits such as improved immune function, better gut health, and even cancer prevention. Paired with protein and fiber-rich black beans, beneficial herbs, and healthy spices, this soup really is as super as it gets!
Slow Cook Your Way to a Great Dish
Not only is this soup loaded with nutritious ingredients and flavorful spices, but it is the perfect dish for busy weeknights, too. It’s low effort making it a great option for anyone who doesn’t have tons of cooking knowledge, or anyone that just doesn’t feel like cooking. All you have to do is follow two simple steps and voila, it’s ready to go! For such a simple soup, the results are amazing.
Make it a Super Combo
You can have this soup on its own, or pair it with another complimentary recipe. Try it alongside any of these 9 Vegetarian Sandwich Recipes to Pack for Lunch, or do an on-theme soup and salad combo with a Supermodel Superfood Salad. You can also keep it by itself and add other filling toppings such as avocado, croutons, or chicken chunks if you’d like.
Try This Two-Step Recipe
Follow two simple steps to get this superfood soup! Start by combining all of the ingredients in the slow cooker. Then, simply cover and cook the soup on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the veggies are tender. Add a tablespoon of reduced-fat cheddar cheese, if desired.Want to add even more superfoods? Add 2 cups of coarsely chopped kale during the last 5 minutes of cooking, or until wilted. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Savory Superfood Soup
- 2 cups carrots sliced
- 1 sweet potato large, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup green beans fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 onion small, diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 30 ounces black beans cans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 cups tomato based vegetable juice no sugar added, similar to V8 juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth low-sodium, water as a substitute
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker, cover and cook on low 6-8 hours, or until veggies are tender. Add a tablespoon of reduced-fat cheddar cheese, if desired.
- To make this even more of a Superfood Soup, add 2 cups coarsely chopped kale the last 5 minutes of cooking, or until wilted.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you love to cook with your Crockpot, don’t miss our 50 Slow Cooker Recipes Under 299 Calories.