Treat your body to this scrumptiously low cal soup!
Savory Superfood Soup is one of my absolute all time favorites. It’s loaded with superfoods, spices and all things good. Another plus is that this Savory Superfood Soup actually helps promote weight loss, is only 157 calories per serving and has one gram of fat. Eat up!
Slow Cooker Savory Superfood Soup
- 2 cups carrots sliced
- 1 sweet potato large, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup green beans fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 onion small, diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 30 ounces black beans cans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 cups vegetable juice no sugar added
- 2 cups vegetable broth low-sodium
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker, cover and cook on low 6-8 hours, or until veggies are tender. Add a tablespoon of reduced-fat cheddar cheese, if desired.
- To make this even more of a Superfood Soup, add 2 cups coarsely chopped kale the last 5 minutes of cooking, or until wilted.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms