All your fave pot pie flavors stuffed in a scrumptious stew!
Our Veggie Stew has that same pot pie taste you love without the additional calories and fat of a traditional pot pie. You’ll love the taste, the health benefits, and the low calorie count of this comfort food stew.
Slow Cooker Veggie Pot Pie Stew
- 1 onion small
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 sweet potato large, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 carrots sliced
- 1 chayote squash small, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes (or, vegetable of choice)
- 1 cup green beans fresh or frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 2 cups low fat milk (I used 1%) Note: Skim does not work for this recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch optional
- 2 tablespoons water optional
- Add all ingredients, except milk, cornstarch & water, to the slow cooker, cover and cook on low 8-9 hours, or until carrots are tender. The last 30 minutes of cooking time, combine cornstarch and water, add to slow cooker, stir. Add milk, stir, cover and continue cooking until thickened.
- Optional thickening method: The last 30 minutes of cooking time, remove 1 cup broth & veggies, mash with a fork and return to slow cooker, stir. Cover and continue cooking 30 additional minutes.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms