We love a warm and gooey apple crisp on a crisp fall evening. The comforting flavors of apples and cinnamon are so familiar, but sill incredibly delicious. The best part about this apple crisp recipe? It’s made in your slow cooker! Slow Cooker recipes are our favorite because they make dinners so easy. Assemble this easy dessert early in the day and have an amazing dessert by dinner time!
The aromas from this Slow Cooker Apple Crisp will fill your home and make your whole family anxious for this skinny dessert!
Yields: 8-10 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup |Calories: 218 | Total Fat: 5.1 g | Saturated Fat: 3.1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 12 mg | Sodium: 198 mg | Carbohydrates: 42.2 g | Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g | Sugars: 28.6 g | Protein: 1.7 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11
- 6 cups apples, diced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar, optional sucanat
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, or white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 4 Tbsp butter, optional 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- Spread the apples in your bottom of your slow cooker. Add the lemon juice and stir to coat. Next, add 1/4 cup sucanat and 1 tsp cinnamon and stir to coat the apples.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, oats, remaining sucanat, remaining spices, and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle this crumb mixture over the apples until completely covered.
- Set your slow cooker to low and allow the apple crisp to cook for 4 hours.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.