Barbecue done the healthy way!
This recipe for Barbecued Pulled Chicken is as Easy as 1, 2, 3. Using the slow cooker method seals in moisture, making this one tasty SkinnyLicious sandwich.
RECIPE SIGNUP: If you’re interested in receiving the newest and best Slow Cooker recipes via email from Skinny Ms., signup here: daily eNewsletter Signup.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts about 2 pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs about 4 pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth fat-free, low-sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 18 ounces barbecue sauce check out our recipe for Barbecue Sauce
- Add chicken to the slow cooker, sprinkle on black pepper and pour broth over chicken. Cover and cook on high 4 hours, or low 6 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken, place in a roaster pan and shred. Add 1/4 cup of the chicken broth from slow cooker and pour barbecue sauce over chicken, coat well. Cover and heat 15-20 minutes. Serve on your favorite wheat bun or roll.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms