This recipe for Barbecued Pulled Chicken is as Easy as 1, 2, 3. Using the slow cooker method seals in moisture, making this one tasty SkinnyLicious sandwich.
RECIPE SIGNUP: If you’re interested in receiving the newest and best Slow Cooker recipes via email from SkinnyMs., signup here: eNewsletter Signup.
Servings: 8 | Serving size: 3/4 cup | Calories: 337 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 144 mg | Sodium: 860 mg | Carbohydrates: 28 g | Dietary fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 22 g | Protein: 38 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8 |
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast filets, (about 2 filets) skinless
- 1.5 pounds chicken thighs (about 4 thighs), boneless, skinless
- 2 cups chicken broth, fat free, low sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 (18 ounce) jar barbecue sauce, (check out our recipe for Barbecue Sauce)
- Add chicken to the slow cooker, sprinkle on black pepper and pour broth over chicken. Cover and cook on high 4 hours, or low 6 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken, place in a roaster pan and shred. Add 1/4 cup of the chicken broth from slow cooker and pour barbecue sauce over chicken, coat well. Cover and heat 15-20 minutes. Serve on your favorite wheat bun or roll.
- Note: All chicken breasts or thighs can be used in place of half of each.
- The nutritional data includes one bun.