This soup tastes wonderful all the time, especially chilly days!
“I created this slow cooker recipe a few years ago. It is so yummy and savory especially on a cold day. I never really had an official recipe for it, I just added spices until I thought there was enough! Luckily my friend, Katie, did take the time to measure out the spices one of the times she made it! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. If you want it to be more soupy, add more chicken broth.”
~ Lori Naisby, Skinny Ms. Reader
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
- 3 cups butternut squash cubed
- 3 potatoes scrubbed and cubed
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 cup white corn yellow corn optional
- 15 ounce black beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce white beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes canned
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth low sodium, low fat
- 1 teaspoon cilantro or 1 “bunch” fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeño diced (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- For added color and flavor sprinkle with a small amount of fresh cilantro and a fresh shaved parmesan.
- I love to serve this with jalapeño cornbread. To make, add one diced jalapeño to your favorite cornbread recipe.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms