Nothing gets you through those cold winter nights like a warm, slow cooker soup. Unfortunately, the thick and creamy soups you crave most this time of year often pack lots of fat and calories. Luckily, this thick and hearty Slow Cooker Carrot Squash Soup gets its consistency from veggies, not heavy cream. Despite its too good to be true creaminess, this soup satisfies your comfort food cravings without the comfort food calories. Seasoned with warm and flavorful spices like ginger, cinnamon and turmeric, this soup is both filling and flavorful. Meanwhile, coconut milk and maple syrup top this slow cooker classic off with a unique and comforting flavor twist.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 147 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 537mg | Carbohydrates: 24g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Protein: 2g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 1/2 white onion, chopped small
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped small
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped small (any variety)
- 1 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped small
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker except for the coconut milk and maple syrup. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Place the soup into a blender, small portions at a time filling the blender no more than 1/2 full and blend until smooth. Stir in the coconut milk and maple syrup. Serve hot and enjoy!
Check out 15 more Slow Cooker Soups and Stews perfect for chilly nights!