There’s nothing better than a bowl of warm comfort food after a particularly trying or chilly day. It’s a shame that so many of our favorites are often accompanied with unhealthy fats and processed ingredients, or they take hours to prepare. Thankfully, now you can have your comfort, your waistline, and your evenings, too.
Our slow cooker chicken and rice meal will satisfy even the toughest critics, but this surprisingly healthy dish is made with only 100% clean ingredients. We combine nutrient-rich flavors, like lean chicken, brown rice, vegetables, and the perfect amount of seasonings to bring smiles to the dinner table, while also feeding your family right. This home cooked meal is easy to fit into your busy schedule, too. Just plop the ingredients into the slow cooker, and let it do all the work. Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Casserole is sure to become a household favorite!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 327 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Sodium: 833 mg | Cholesterol: 78 mg | Carbohydrates: 36 g | Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 25 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 4 (1.5 pounds) boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into chunks of about 1-inch
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth, fat-free
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced or diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 cup (thawed) peas
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In the slow cooker, add the chicken, olive oil, carrots, broth, salt, pepper, garlic, and oregano. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4, or until chicken is done and carrots tender.
- When cooked, add pre-cooked rice, peas, and parmesan. Stir to combine and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
We constantly update SkinnyMs. Subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss anything.