Do you love chocolate cake, but you don't like all of the junk in it? This chocolate cake is made healthy, but tastes just as delicious as regular cake!
This chocolate peanut butter cake recipe is a dream come true. Imagine being able to indulge in a rich, delicious cake without concern for calories or unhealthy ingredients! This slow cooker recipe makes it easy to whip up this cake just about any day of the week. Slow cooker cakes are always quick and simple, and can be assembled before the work day, so a dessert is ready and waiting when you arrive home. If you love dessert, but you are not fond of what dessert does to your waist line, this recipe is for you.
One of the things people often realize when they begin cleaning up their diet and focusing on their health is that many of their favorite indulgent foods still have health benefits. The key is eating them in moderation. Peanut butter is a great source of protein and chocolate is packed with antioxidants. Eaten in proper portions, these foods are actually good for your health.
The next time you are craving something sweet and gooey, do not turn to boxed cakes or pre-made treats. This slow cooker cake is just as simple to make, but is much healthier than those over-processed options. Love dessert and want more? Check our our collection Skinny Mini Desserts.
Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup honey optional coconut palm sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup peanut butter no sugar added - additional peanut butter will be needed if you wish to ice the cake with it
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- Line the bottom of your slow cooker with cut-to-fit parchment paper and spray the inside using an oil sprayer.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder until well combined.
- In a second large mixing bowl, whisk together all your wet ingredients including the peanut butter, and then combine the two bowls.
- Stir all ingredients together until well combined.
- Cooke time is 4 hours on low, or until a knife inserted in the middle pulls out clean. Yields 16 servings - cut like a pie.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.