This recipe is perfect for a chilly night.
Typical cream of chicken stew uses fatty and mostly unhealthy ingredients. If you’ve been looking for a slimmed down but still indulgent version of cream of chicken stew, look no further! Our Slow Cooker Cream of Chicken Stew is simple, flavorful, and chock-full of vegetables and potatoes. By skipping on the heavy cream and using coconut milk instead, you get a silky texture without the unhealthy fats.
Add everything into the slow cooker in the morning and come home in the evening to a wholesome stew that your whole family will enjoy. This recipe is perfect for a chilly night when you want to fill your belly with something warm and hearty.
Slow Cooker Cream of Chicken Stew
- 2 potatoes medium red or russet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 carrots sliced thinly
- 1 celery stalk sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 white onion small, diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika Hungarian recommended
- 1 teaspoon dill weed or 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or Ghee, melted
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth fat-free
- 1 cup coconut milk canned
- Add to the slow cooker potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, paprika, dill, and half of the salt and pepper. Add melted butter or Ghee and toss to combine with spices and veggies.
- Flour, salt, and pepper chicken cubes. Place chicken on top of veggies and pour in chicken broth and coconut milk.
- Add remaining salt and pepper, cover, and cook on low 6-7 hours or high 3-4, or until chicken is done and carrots are tender.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Was this recipe a hit with your family? Let us know in the comments section below.