Spice up your life without heavy ingredients that weigh you down!
Don your sombrero and transport yourself south of the border with this soup brimming with the traditional flavors of Mexico: chiles, cilantro, tomatoes, beans, garlic, and beef.
Slow Cooker Fiesta Beef Soup similar to a chili in flavor, but much lighter. It’s tasty anytime of year, but delicious and light on a spring or summer evening. Fun fact: spicy foods actually cool you down in warmer weather, which is why spicy dishes are often eaten in warm climates.
Enjoy Slow Cooker Fiesta Beef Soup for a party of one or two and freeze the rest, or make it for your next gathering. Serve it with the Watermelon Water from this list, and you will have yourself a fiesta, Señorita!
These soups are also light, filling, and delicious:
Slow Cooker Fiesta Beef Soup
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 15 ounces black beans can, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces kidney beans can, rinsed and drained
- 4 1/2 ounces diced green chili peppers can
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes can
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth low sodium, fat-free (use more broth for a thinner soup) or vegetable broth
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup cilantro freshly chopped
- 1 pound stew beef or chuck steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, stir to combine. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on a summer chock full of spicy, refreshing, and unique dishes! Get the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms. Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter.