Don your sombrero and transport yourself south of the border with this soup brimming with the traditional flavors of Mexico: chiles, cilantro, tomatoes, beans, garlic, and beef.
Slow Cooker Fiesta Beef Soup similar to a chili in flavor, but much lighter. It’s tasty anytime of year, but delicious and light on a spring or summer evening. Fun fact: spicy foods actually cool you down in warmer weather, which is why spicy dishes are often eaten in warm climates.
Enjoy Slow Cooker Fiesta Beef Soup for a party of one or two and freeze the rest, or make it for your next gathering. Serve it with the Watermelon Water from this list, and you will have yourself a fiesta, Señorita!
These soups are also light, filling, and delicious:
Yields: 8 | Serving size: 1-1/2 cups | Calories: 217 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 36 mg | Sodium: 302 mg | Carbohydrates: 26 g | Dietary fiber: 8 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 22 g | SmartPoints: 5
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4.5 oz) can diced green chili peppers
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth or vegetable broth, low sodium, fat-free (use more broth for a thinner soup)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 pound stew beef or chuck steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, stir to combine. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
Don’t miss out on a summer chock full of spicy, refreshing, and unique dishes! Get the latest and greatest from SkinnyMs. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.