This lentil stew recipe encompasses all the reasons we love slow cooker recipes.
Lentil soup is warm, filling and homey. It’s also super nutritious—lentils pack in tons of protein without any cholesterol. Our Slow Cooker Fully-Loaded Lentil Stew is our amped up version of this hearty stew. Butternut squash adds sweetness, while chickpeas add protein, and veggies add nutrients.
This lentil stew recipe encompasses all the reasons we love slow cooker recipes. Chop all the veggies the night before, toss everything into the cooker in the morning, and come home to a fully cooked and delicious stew. It doesn’t get easier than that!
Slow Cooker Fully-Loaded Lentil Stew
- 2 cups butternut squash chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 cups celery chopped
- 15 ounces chickpeas can
- 1 1/2 cup brown lentils dry
- 1 white onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 8 cups vegetable broth low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces kale coarsely chopped
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker except the kale.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Before serving add the kale and recover for ten minutes, until the kale is wilted.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Adapted from Pinch of Yum.
What are your favorite slow cooker recipes? Share with us in the comments!