You'll fall in love with this seafood stew!
Stew might not be the first thing to come to mind when you think about seafood, but the truth is there are plenty of great seafood stews out there. Our slow cooker recipe for halibut stew is great served right from your slow cooker or heated up for lunch or dinner a few day’s later. Chances are this recipe will yield enough for leftovers, so enjoy!
Slow Cooker Halibut Stew
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow onion small, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 1 potato large, peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth fat free, low sodium -optional vegetable broth
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro freshly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound halibut fillets rinsed and cut into bite size pieces or your favorite white fish as an option
- Add all the above ingredients to the slow-cooker, except halibut. Cover and cook on low 8 to 9 hours. The last 30 minutes of cooking time add thawed halibut pieces. Garnish with additional cilantro if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
You might also like our compilation of 73 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.