Our Hot Chocolate Steel-Cut Oatmeal is a mouth-watering recipe the whole family will love! Made with 100% clean ingredients, this tasty breakfast treat will warm the insides and fill the belly, without unhealthy added ingredients. Learn more about the health benefits of steel-cut oats here.
Yield: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories:126 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 6.4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium:160 mg | Carbohydrates: 12.4 g | Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g | Sugars: 4.4 g | Protein: 2.7 g | SmartPoints: 6 |
- 1 c. steel-cut oats
- 4 c. water
- 1/2 c. coconut milk
- 1 T. cocoa powder
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 T. coconut palm sugar or pure maple syrup
- 8 drops liquid stevia (or an extra tablespoon of sugar)
- In a large bowl, combine the water, milk, vanilla, and stevia. Whisk in the cocoa, sugar, and salt.
- Finally, stir in the oats. Oil the inside of your slow cooker (this prevents the oatmeal from sticking). Pour in the above mixture.
- Set your slow cooker to LOW for 1-2 hours, and turn it to KEEP WARM before finally retiring to bed. In the morning, give it all a stir and feast! Top with some shaved chocolate if you’re feeling really decadent!
Hot Chocolate Steel-Cut Oatmeal was created by guest contributor, Lauren Goslin. Lauren blogs about healthy food over at Oatmeal With A Fork. If you like this recipe, check out her Facebook page for more healthy meal ideas!