A cheesy, melt-in-your-mouth meal without the guilt!
Our slow cooker lasagna is bursting with flavor and is a snap to prepare. The combination of tomatoes, parmesan, and basil give it an umami kick that will have everyone asking for the recipe. And the use of ground turkey and cottage cheese make this a guilt-free dish that you’ll feel good about slicing and savoring.
Check out these 20 Healthy Comfort Food Recipes.
Slow Cooker Lasagna
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 onion large, diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 50 ounces pasta sauce jars, no sugar added
- 2 cups cottage cheese low-fat
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese part-skim, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt
- 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles uncooked, break in half before adding to slow cooker
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- basil fresh, for garnish
- Add the turkey and onion to a large skillet and cook over medium heat until the turkey has lost its pink color. Add the garlic and cook for one additional minute. Drain any fat from the cooked turkey. Add 1 1/2 jars pasta sauce and stir to combine.
- Combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Add a 1/2 cup meat sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker. Next, add a layer of lasagna noodles and spread 1/4 cheese mixture over noodles. Repeat the layers until these ingredients are gone.
- Cover and cook in slow cooker on low-heat until noodles are al dente and cheese is bubbly, approximately 4-6 hours. Remove the lid and add the parmesan to the top. Turn off the slow cooker and allow the casserole to sit for 15 minutes before cutting. If desired, serve garnished with the fresh basil and additional parmesan.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.