You will love this!
This lemony herb-flavored chicken recipe pairs perfectly with brown rice or another whole grain. It is the perfect late summer dish when you want something just short of hearty as autumn draws closer. You can also use the leftovers in a salad or on a sandwich, or toss it ready-made into broth for a quick chicken soup.
Slow cooker recipes are great for a variety of reasons. They are convenient and allow you to prep quickly and have a full meal without a lot of kitchen time. Chicken recipes in the slow cooker are especially delicious because the slow, low-temperature cooking allows the chicken to stay moist and juicy.
This slow cooker lemon basil chicken recipe offers the best of slow cooker cooking with the freshest and brightest flavors. There is no need to worry about a heavy dish packed with fat and calories when you combine lean chicken, fresh basil, and the bright, refreshing taste of lemon. The addition of carrots adds an extra touch of healthy nutrients and vitamins.
Lemon and basil pair together perfectly. They taste garden fresh and enhance the natural flavor of the chicken even more. You will love how healthy this lemon basil chicken recipe is and be thrilled that it tastes so great!
Also, be sure to check out our other fabulous Slow Cooker Recipes.
Slow Cooker Lemon Basil Chicken With Carrots
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts approximately 5 pieces
- 1/4 cup chicken broth no sugar added
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed, about 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon basil dry
- 4 carrots medium, peeled and thinly sliced
- Place the carrots in the bottom of the slow cooker and put everything else on top of them.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F.
- The chicken should shred easily when it's done.
- Shred chicken and serve by itself or over whole grains of choice.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Click here for the Top 10 Slow Cooker Recipes on Skinny Ms.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.