Tired of the same old dinner staples? We know typical meal genres can feel played out, so we’re cooking up Thai-Mexican fusion! This Slow Cooker Mango Salsa Verde Chicken has everything. Mango and coconut milk add subtle sweetness, while salsa verde brings a spicy kick. Since it’s naturally creamy and delicious, you’ll never believe there is no dairy or gluten in it! Cumin, chili powder, and jalapeno naturally aid in digestion, so this meal is a great detox. Plus, the fresh fruit and veggies provide all kinds of vital nutrients, so you can feel good about how yummy it is. Best of all, it’s made in the slow cooker, so meal prep is quick and easy.
This is guaranteed to become a regular for your slow cooker rotation. Thai-Mexican is definitely the food genre of the future!
Yields: 4 cups | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 377 | Total Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 899mg | Carbohydrates: 24g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g | Protein: 19g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 17
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can lite coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro for garnish
- Place the chicken, mango and bell peppers into the slow cooker. Whisk the remaining ingredients in a bowl then pour over the chicken, mango and peppers. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hour or high for 3 to 4 hours. Remove chicken and shred it. Return chicken to slow cooker and mix in.
- Serve on top of brown rice, garnished with cilantro.
Adapted from Carlsbad Cravings.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
What are your favorite food fusions? What types of ethnic foods do you like to mix together? Let us know in the comment section below!