Just be sure to make a big enough batch to have leftovers!
Mulligatawny Soup is a traditional curry soup originating in India. There are many different versions and variations, but our Slow Cooker Mulligatawny Soup is made in a slow cooker and includes chicken, vegetables, lentils, apples, spices, coconut milk, and brown Jasmine rice. It’s amazingly flavorful, creamy, and hearty. All it needs is a wheat pita for soaking up that liquid golden goodness!
This soup just gets better the longer it sits, so it would be great to take along for a next-day lunch. Just be sure to make a big enough batch to have leftovers!
Slow Cooker Mulligatawny Soup
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 green apple peeled, cored and diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 cup brown jasmine rice cooked
- Place everything in the slow cooker except the rice. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, or low for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove bay leaf, add jasmine rice and serve!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other recipes to enjoy:
What soups do you make on chilly winter nights? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!