Better than your grandma's rice pudding recipe.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with our French-inspired Chocolate Rice Pudding. This delicious dessert calls for wholesome ingredients like brown rice, coconut milk, and palm sugar, with the indulgent addition of dark chocolate. Nutritious, fiber-rich brown rice fills you up while non-refined, vitamin-rich sweeteners like coconut palm sugar and dark chocolate sweeten the dish without processed chemicals or preservatives.
This thick, savory pudding also uses cinnamon and vanilla to enhance its flavor. The melted chocolate, tasty spices, and healthy ingredients form a guilt-free dessert with an unrivaled creamy texture and decadent flavor.
Chocolate Rice Pudding
- 2/3 cup brown rice
- 3 cups coconut milk canned, not lite (about 2 cans)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- Bring 1-1/3 cup water and rice to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to the lowest setting, stir once, and cover.
- Allow rice to cook for about 15 minutes, or until all water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, bring coconut milk, coconut palm sugar, cinnamon (if using), and salt to a simmer. Add cooked rice. Reduce heat to low and allow to cook for about 15 minutes, until the pudding has thickened, stirring every so often.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and chocolate chips. Serve warm, or refrigerate for an hour and serve cold. Top with clean eating whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.