Pork and beans is a classic dish with many variations. Serve this with a side of your favorite veggies and a whole grain dinner roll and you’ve got yourself a complete and satisfying dinner. Slow cooker recipes are perfect for dishes like pork and beans because they are party-ready and convenient to assemble. Whether you are serving just a few people and you plan to enjoy leftovers or you need a big batch for a large group, this slow cooker pork and beans recipe is sure to please.
Some pork recipes are filled with saturated fat and unnecessary ingredients. “Baking and shaking” your pork chops might seem quick and simple, but it is one of the worst options available. You get dinner finished quickly, but you are forced to eat processed ingredients that are a far cry from fresh, healthy foods. Preparing pork in the slow cooker and mixing it with high-fiber beans might seem indulgent, but it is a much better option.
Best of all, this classic dish is a throwback for many to their childhood. Pork and beans was a popular Sunday supper. It was served for other special occasions, too, but chances are, the recipe from your childhood wasn’t nearly as healthy as this. If you have a hankering from a favorite dish from your past, but you want a healthier, cleaned-up version, our slow cooker pork and beans is a great option.
Be sure to also check out some of these other deliciously nutritious Slow Cooker Recipes from SkinnyMs..
Yield: 12 cups | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 243 | Total Fat: 5 gm | Saturated Fats: 1 gm | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 58 mg | Sodium: 557 mg | Carbohydrates: 19 gm | Dietary fiber: 3 gm | Sugars: 6 gm | Protein: 31 gm | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6 |
- 3 pounds pork loin chops
- 2 (15 ounces) cans pinto beans with their liquid (do not drain)
- 1/4 cup molasses, unsulfered
- 1/2 cup no sugar added ketchup (we use the OrganicVille brand)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Place the pork chops in the slow cooker.
- Pour the beans with their liquid on top.
- Add all other ingredients on top of that and stir the liquid and beans gently over the top of the pork to combine (do not stir the pork, just move the liquid and beans around to combine things a bit)
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the pork easily breaks apart.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.