No one likes saying no to appetizers when you’re ordering out, especially when there’s cheese involved. We’ve created our Slow Cooker Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Chicken recipe so you can have the yummy apps for dinner instead! We gave cheesy, creamy artichoke dip a makeover in this hearty, yummy entree. By subbing out full fat cream cheese for fat-free, you can enjoy this recipe without feeling guilty. The meal provides a healthy amount of protein, along with other nutrients from the veggies. It’s skinny, satisfying, and super easy!
Since it cooks in your slow cooker, this dinner is perfect for a busy night. So break out the slow cooker and get ready for a dinner that will have the whole family asking for seconds and thirds! This chicken tastes better, costs less, and can be ready as soon as you’re hungry for dinner. Dig in and enjoy!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: about 1 cup | Calories: 239 | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 584mg | Carbohydrates: 12g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 25g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 whole chicken breasts (bone-in with skin)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/4 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, OR 6- 8 artichoke hearts from a jar, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped grape or cherry tomatoes
- Place roasted red peppers, chicken broth, and chicken breasts in 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic, onion, and salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high from 4-6 hours.
- Just before serving, gently remove chicken breasts from the slow cooker and place on serving platters.
- In the slow cooker, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and artichokes. Stir until creamy. Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese, if desired.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.