This soup combo tastes so good that you won't be able to stop eating it!
Potato soup is such a wonderful, comforting way to enjoy a bitter cold evening. Especially when it’s Rosemary Potato Soup!
Slow Cooker Rosemary Potato Soup
- 4 russet potatoes medium, cooked, peeled and cut into chunks.
- 4 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 4 vegetable bouillon cubes low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon rosemary fresh, chopped plus extra to taste: we used an extra 2 tablespoons
- salt to taste
- Place everything in your slow cooker, EXCEPT THE ADDITIONAL ROSEMARY AND SALT, and cook on low for 2-4 hours. The potatoes are already cooked, so the real purpose of cooking this is to get the bouillon cubes dissolved and to get all the flavors to meld, which a slow cooker does wonderfully. You don't want to cook this too long, as the flavor of the potatoes will change.
- When you're done cooking, use a hand blender to blend everything right in the slow cooker until smooth.
- You can also transfer small amounts at a time to a regular blender. But a hand blender is MUCH easier and far less messy.
- Blend in the extra rosemary and some salt to taste.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
- Excellent served with a piece of whole-grain bread and a side of chicken breast!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms