This frittata is full of flavor!
If you’ve yet to try our mouth-watering Spinach and Mozzarella Frittata, you don’t know what you’re missing! This slow cooker recipe creates a savory and filling breakfast that will have you coming back for more.
A frittata is a great alternative to a traditional omelet or scrambled eggs. It is easier to make, because there is no flipping or hovering over the stove. This slow cooker spinach and mozzarella frittata is made even easier because you toss the ingredients into the slow cooker and leave it to bake on its own. Like so many of the healthy slow cooker recipes featured on our site, this dish is easy, convenient, and filled with delicious, healthy ingredients. Whether you are searching for a breakfast or brunch option, or you need a dish to share for a special occasion, this is it.
Spinach and Mozzarella Frittata can be served hot or cold and goes perfectly with a garden fresh salad. We love to experiment by added sauteed mushrooms and goat cheese. What’s your favorite frittata add-in?
Slow Cooker Spinach and Mozzarella Frittata
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 cup 2% mozzarella cheese shredded, divided
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons 1% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach chopped, with stems removed, packed
- 1 roma tomato diced
- salt to taste
- In a small skillet, add oil and sauté onion on medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Lightly spray the inside of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. We like to make our own by filling this reusable cooking spray bottle with olive oil or canola oil.
- In a large bowl, combine sautéed onion, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, and remaining ingredients; whisk to combine, and pour into slow cooker. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese on top of egg mixture.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 1–1 1/2 hours, or until eggs are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Did you love our Spinach and Mozzarella Frittata? Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.