If you’ve yet to try our mouth-watering Spinach and Mozzarella Frittata, you don’t know what you’re missing! This slow cooker recipe combines the flavors of mozzarella cheese, onion, spinach, and eggs to create a savory and filling recipe that will have you coming back for more.
A frittata is a great alternative to a traditional omelet or scrambled eggs. It is easier to make, because there is no flipping or hovering over the stove. This slow cooker spinach and mozzarella frittata is made even easier because you toss the ingredients into the slow cooker and leave it to bake on its own. Like so many of the healthy slow cooker recipes featured on our site, this dish is easy, convenient, and filled with delicious, healthy ingredients. Whether you are searching for a breakfast or brunch option, or you need a dish to share for a special occasion, this is it.
Spinach and Mozzarella Frittata tastes great, whether served hot or cold and goes perfectly with a garden fresh salad or our Quinoa Rice Pilaf. We love to experiment by added sauteed mushrooms and goat cheese. What’s your favorite frittata add-in?
Yields: 6 Servings | Serving Size: 1/6 of entire recipe | Calories: 139 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 94 mg | Carbohydrates: 4 g | Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 12 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3 |
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup 2% shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons 1% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (packed) cup chopped baby spinach, with stems removed
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Salt to taste
- In a small skillet, add oil and sauté onion on medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Lightly spray the inside of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. We like to make our own by filling this reusable cooking spray bottle with olive oil or canola oil.
- In a large bowl, combine sautéed onion, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, and remaining ingredients; whisk to combine, and pour into slow cooker. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese on top of egg mixture. Cover, and cook on LOW for 1–1 1/2 hours, or until eggs are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Besides convenient slow cooker recipes that novice and experienced cooks alike will appreciate, SkinnyMs. Slow Cooker cookbook offers:
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.