This recipe is our Skinny Slow Cooker version of sweet potato casserole.
We’ve removed all of the fat and sugar found in traditional recipes and have left you with a fabulously nutritious, simple to make, mildly sweet, and definitely tasty dish. It’s a great option when bringing a dish to the homes of friends and family for the holidays!
NOTE: This data does not include the pecans.
Yields: 4 Cups | Serving Size: 1/2 Cup | Calories: 141 | Total Fat: 3 gm | Saturated Fats: 0 gm | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 64 mg | Carbohydrates: 28 gm | Dietary Fiber: 4 gm | Sugars: 8 gm | Protein: 2 gm | SmartPoints: 2 |
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup apple juice, no sugar added, 100% juice
- 1 tablespoon. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Prepare your sweet potatoes and place in slow cooker. Add 1/2 cup of the apple juice (NOT the full cup) and half of the spices spices.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours, until potatoes are tender. Recommend 3-4 quart slow cooker.
- When potatoes are fully cooked through, using a hand blender, blend the sweet potatoes inside your slow cooker insert, adding the second 1/2 cup of juice and remaining spices.
- Top with pecans and enjoy.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.