This tasty dish tastes like a dessert!
This recipe is our Skinny Slow Cooker version of sweet potato casserole.
We’ve removed all of the fat and sugar found in traditional recipes and have left you with a fabulously nutritious, simple to make, mildly sweet, and definitely tasty dish. It’s a great option when bringing a dish to the homes of friends and family for the holidays!
NOTE: This nutritional data does not include the pecans.
We recommend a 3-4 quart slow cooker for this recipe.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Mash
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup apple juice no sugar added, 100% juice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg ground
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves ground
- Prepare your sweet potatoes and place in slow cooker. Add 1/2 cup of the apple juice (NOT the full cup) and half of the spices.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours, until potatoes are tender.
- When potatoes are fully cooked through, using a hand blender, blend the sweet potatoes inside your slow cooker insert, adding the second 1/2 cup of juice and remaining spices.
- Top with pecans and enjoy.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.