Everyone loves a loaded baked potato, so it’s a shame that they’re also loaded with excess calories and fat. Since we love clean versions of unhealthy foods, we created the Instant Pot Loaded Baked Sweet Potato. Sweet potatoes are healthier than white potatoes, since they’re high in fiber and vitamin A. We also used heart-healthy olive oil and walnuts, and superfood spinach, so you can enjoy this tasty treat without any guilt. The best part, though? It takes practically no time to prepare, so it’s perfect for busy nights.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 sweet potato, 1/4 cup filling | Calories: 187 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 72mg | Carbohydrates: 20g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 2g | SmartPoints: 8
- 1 cup water
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed well
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup walnuts, slightly crushed
- 1/4 raisins
- Place steamer basket in Instant Pot and add 1 cup water. Place the sweet potatoes on top of the steamer basket. Cover and check to be sure the vent is set in the "sealed" position.
- Press the "steam" button and set the time for 15 minutes. The Instant Pot will the begin to preheat. Once ready, the Instant Pot will being cooking to potatoes for the designated time.
- When time is completed, wait 5 minutes and then carefully vent the instant pot and remove lid. Cut each sweet potato in half and top each half with coconut butter and top with filling.
- On a medium skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Once hot, add spinach and cook just until the spinach is wilted. Add walnuts and raisins and lightly cook for about 2 minutes, or until the walnuts are lightly toasted. Spoon on top of baked sweet potatoes. Serve and enjoy!
We have tons of sweet potato recipes that you’ll love! Try our Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad with Walnuts and Raisins, our Grilled Sweet Potato Steaks, and our Sweet Potato and BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wrap!