Give ordinary oatmeal a sweet and savory makeover!
Looking for a prefect pre-workout meal that provides tons of lasting energy? Look no further! Sweet Potato Oatmeal is comprised of complex carbs that provides lasting energy due to high fiber content, and tons of nutrients. Superfood sweet potato lends a sweet, earthy flavor to this easily prepared breakfast. Combine ingredients in your slow cooker and sit back while your delicious, energizing meal simmers away!
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Oatmeal
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups milk low-fat
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sweet potato grated or 1/2 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons sweetener unrefined, more or less to taste, I used coconut palm sugar.
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker, cover and cook on low 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until desired consistency is reached.
- If desired, add diced nuts and raisins.
- STOVETOP METHOD: Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook approximately 20 - 25 minutes, or until desired consistency has been reached.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms