Scrumptious flavor and hearty protein make this slow cooker dish a favorite!
Slow cookers are one of the best things to have happened in the kitchen, considering our fast-paced lives. What is better than leaving the slow cooker to simmer away in the morning, only to return home to a magically complete dinner? Here, we have a tasty beef stew slow-cooked until it falls apart on your fork. When you remove the cover from the slow cooker, the scent will have your mouth watering!
Slow Cooker Beef Stew with Chickpeas
- 1 pound beef stew meat cubed (or other cuts)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes peeled and cubed
- 15 ounces chickpeas can, drain and rinsed
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers coarsely chopped
- 4 bay leaves fresh
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes cans
- 1 cup water
- Cover the beef with flour, half of the salt and half of the pepper. Shake off the excess flour and discard. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, in a medium saucepan with extra virgin olive oil, sautè the garlic and onion for 3 minutes then add the beef and brown them for about 8 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Transfer all the contents of the saucepan to the slow cooker.
- Mix in the potatoes, chickpeas, grilled peppers, bay leaves, canned tomatoes, water, the remaining salt, and pepper.
- Set the slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.