This tender beef brisket will make you feel like you are right in the state of Texas!
You’ve never had brisket as juicy and tender as our Texas Style Beef Brisket. After marinating overnight in savory juices and spices, this mouth-watering recipe offers flavor as big as the state of Texas. Healthy beef recipes are tough to come by, especially those that offer all the simplicity of slow cooker recipes. We’ve got you covered with this beef brisket that is filled with flavor and great for any occasion.
Many dieters opt to completely abandon beef. Generally, red meat gets a bad rap when it comes to health. It contains more saturated fat than some of the alternatives and instead of taking the time to figure out how much and what type of red meat is healthy enough on occasion, many people just give it the boot. If they are happy eating a diet that is beef-free this is not a big deal, but some people love red meat and feel deprived by eliminating it from their diet. Fortunately, there are ways to eat beef that are delicious and healthy! It is not an every night meal, but by choosing the correct cut and preparing in a healthy manner, you can enjoy beef on occasion without concern for damaging your health.
Try Texas Style Beef Brisket shredded atop a whole wheat bun with fresh slaw or our Southern Style Green Beans. This is one of our most popular recipes because barbecue is such a hit with so many people. It makes a great party recipe and is ideal for a variety of different occasion. This recipe also freezes well, so you can make a big batch and have dinner on hand in a few weeks, too. And like all slow cooker recipes, it takes just a few minutes to prepare and is ready and waiting for you after a long work day.
Looking for other great slow cooker ideas? Check out our collection of slow cooker chicken recipes.
Slow Cooker Texas Style Beef Brisket
- 1 1/2 pounds lean beef brisket
- 1 cup spicy barbecue sauce more or less to taste - we like Annie's Naturals, BBQ Sauce or check out our recipe
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 1/2 ounce diced green chilis can
- 1/2 cup broth low-sodium, fat-free (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients--except barbecue sauce--in a bowl, stir and pour over brisket. I like to marinate the brisket right in the slow cooker insert. Marinating is optional but it really adds to the flavor. Marinate brisket in the refrigerator overnight if preferred, otherwise move to the next step.
- All marinate ingredients go in the slow cooker, stir and add brisket. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or until tender and easily flakes with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add brisket, along with 1/2 cup juices from the slow cooker, to a roasting pan. Discard the remaining liquid along with bay leaves. Either pull the brisket apart with 2 forks or slice thinly across the grain. Pour barbecue sauce over brisket and heat for 15 minutes. Serve on toasted wheat buns or rolls if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.