Nothing soothes the soul more than a big bowl of simmering chili. The ultimate comfort food, especially as the weather gets cooler, chili attributes its thick, smooth consistency to dense, fiber-rich ingredients like beans. This Slow Cooker White Bean & Chicken Chili Recipe packs a protein punch with its chewy Cannellini beans and savory bite-sized chicken pieces. This particular chili acts as a hybrid between a chunky chili and creamy soup, as smooth ingredients like reduced-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt, and grated cheddar cheese add a buttery texture, without the fatty, calorie-laden profile. So grab a spoon and get ready to dive into this guilt-free, super indulgent, belly-warming chili!
Did we mention it makes an awesome appetizer? Pair this recipe with some crunchy, homemade pita chips like these Easy-Whole Grain Pita Chips.
Yields: 12 cups | Serving Size: 1 Cup | Calories: 315 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 223mg | Carbohydrates: 31g | Fiber: 6g | Sugars: 4g | Protein: 30g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2 |
- 2 pounds uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 medium poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, more or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 3 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans (optional navy beans), drained
- 4 cups chicken broth, fat-free, low-sodium
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Add all ingredients, except cheese and yogurt, to the slow cooker, stir to combine, cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. The last 30 minutes of cooking time, add the sour cream and cheese, stir to combine. Cover and continue cooking 30 minutes.
- If desired, before serving garnish with additional sour cream, cheese, and cilantro.
- TIP: Add crushed whole-grain or chia tortilla chips on top of each serving.
Make sure that you subscribe to our newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on anything SkinnyMs.