Craving a crunchy, salty snack, but not the fat and calories that come with packaged chips? Try our delicious whole wheat pita chips for a treat that’s rich in fiber, and uses only heart-healthy olive oil when baked. This easy recipe will satisfy your cravings for crunch, and these chips can be enjoyed with hummus, Greek yogurt dips, or even on its own! Bake up a batch today!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 pita (cut into chips) | Calories: 99 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 156 mg | Carbohydrates: 12 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints: 3
- 6 (whole wheat) pita bread rounds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to each pita bread and spread over one side, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut each pita bread into 8 triangles and place on the baking sheet without the slices touching. Bake on a parchment lined or non-stick baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- We like these chips served warm with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
- Allow chips to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.