This slow cooker chicken with rice soup allows you to serve chicken, rice, and plenty of vegetables in one tummy-warming bowl! Prep this soup in advance, and return home to a delicious and nutritious dinner your entire family will love.
Yields: 7 Servings | Serving Size: 1 Cup | Calories: 168 | Total Fat: 5 | Saturated Fat: 2 | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 45 mg | Sodium: 339 mg | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 1 g | Protein: 17 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3|
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 5 cups chicken broth, fat free, low sodium (homemade is best if available)
- 1 pound (uncooked) white & dark meat chicken, boneless, skinless (about 3 cups cubed chicken)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup long grain brown rice, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (add more for a spicier soup)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Cut chicken into 1" cubes and remove any visible fat. Add uncooked chicken cubes and all other ingredients to the slow-cooker. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.