Chicken and rice soup is the best, especially when it's easily made in the slow cooker!
This slow cooker chicken with rice soup allows you to serve chicken, rice, and plenty of vegetables in one tummy-warming bowl! Prep this soup in advance, and return home to a delicious and nutritious dinner your entire family will love.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup with a Twist
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 5 cups chicken broth fat-free, low-sodium, or homemade is best if available
- 1 pound boneless skinless white and dark chicken meat uncooked, about 3 cups cubed chicken
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons cilantro fresh chopped
- 3/4 cup long grain brown rice uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper crushed, add more for a spicier soup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cut chicken into 1" cubes and remove any visible fat. Add uncooked chicken cubes and all other ingredients to the slow-cooker. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.