Leafy greens may not be your idea of a main course, but this Spinach and Pear Salad will be the center of attention at any meal. Bursting with fruits and veggies, this salad combines sweet and savory flavors in one elegant side dish. Onions, pears, and walnuts bring this salad to life while a sweet and zesty raspberry vinaigrette ties all the flavors together. This show-stealing salad isn’t just tasty, either. Along with forming a protein-rich base for other ingredients, spinach packs tons of vitamins and minerals. Loaded with vitamins A, C, E, and K, this leafy green provides health benefits for your whole body.
Because of its unique flavors and presentation, this salad makes a perfect dinner party side dish. Serve alongside our Herb-Rubbed Turkey as part of a full course family meal that will impress any guest.
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 316 | Total Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 159mg | Carbohydrates: 24g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g | Protein: 7g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 12
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2 red pears, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup low fat blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In large bowl, lightly toss all ingredients. Divide into serving bowls. Drizzle with raspberry vinaigrette and serve.
- Combine all ingredients except oil in blender, puree until smooth. On low speed, gradually add oil. Drizzle desired amount over salad. Serve and enjoy!