While carbohydrates are good for us in moderation, many people are looking to cut back just a bit on their carbohydrate intake. Sandwiches, noodle and pasta dishes, and rice bowls are great lunch options, but what do you do if you want to limit your carbs, without being confined to the salad and soup bar? Try a wrap! We love to wrap up our favorite fillings in spinach or whole wheat wraps, which contain healthy, complex carbohydrates, and a host of nutrients. And they’re lower in carbs than traditional sandwiches, while still giving you just a bit of that carb fix you may crave in the middle of the day.
These Sprouts, Veggies, and Cheese Wraps are loaded with antioxidant-rich vegetables and protein-rich cheese, making each one a well-balanced, clean eating wrap. Sprouts provide a delicious crunch, and are high in fiber and B vitamins, while being super low in calories. We’ve shredded our carrots and romaine lettuce for great texture. Diced tomatoes provide tangy sweetness and antioxidants such as lycopene, while cucumbers add crunch and antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
We’ve used low-fat cheese to provide protein and delicious cheesy flavor, while remaining low in excess fat and calories. And for a burst of fantastic flavor, try one of our favorite clean eating dressings or spreads, such as guacamole or hummus. SkinnyMs. loves to provide you with healthy ways to spice up your clean eating meals, and this wrap is no exception.
*calculated with 2 tablespoons hummus Yields: 2 servings/ 1 wrap | Serving Size: 1/2 wrap | Calories: 226 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 11 mg | Sodium: 153 mg | Carbohydrates: 32 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 10 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cucumber, in round slices, then in halves
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/8 cup diced red onions (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella, low fat monterrey, or low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup clean eating dressing or spread of choice, such as hummus or guacamole (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 large whole wheat or spinach wrap
- Lay out each of the wraps. Evenly distribute the dressing or spread, leaving about 2" on one end for folding. Add an even layer of cheese and all of the fillings to each wrap. Fold over and tuck in on the bottom.
Make sure that you subscribe to our daily newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on anything SkinnyMs.