Chicken wings are the ultimate hand-held indulgence. They offer the perfect combination of gooey, sticky, finger-lickin’ goodness. The very thought of these tender little snacks is enough to make any mouth drool. Conventional wings get crispy skin and juicy meat from frying and a sodium-rich sauce. Unfortunately, this adds a truckload of calories, fat, and salt to your menu! Although they taste irresistible, these nutritional nightmares can drain you of energy and sabotage your weight loss goals.
Luckily, you can still enjoy mouthwatering wings without compromising a healthy diet by baking them! And no, oven-baked doesn’t mean bland, crisp-less meat that won’t hold sauce. Our healthified version calls for buffalo wings tossed in a tangy, spicy sauce. Apricot preserves pair with sriracha hot sauce for spicy-sweet depth. Soy sauce and olive oil are tossed in the mix, forming a bangin’ blend that makes these wings to die for. You’ll savor each bite of these irresistible, fall-off-the-bone sticky baked wings. Just make sure you keep an extra stack of napkins nearby!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 4 wings each | Calories: 252 | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 912mg | Carbohydrates: 17g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 11g | Protein: 33g | SmartPoints: 6
- 1/2 cup fruit juice sweetened apricot preserves/jam (such as Polaner All Fruit Apricot Spread)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons lite (lower sodium) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil (melted, if solid)
- 2 pounds buffalo wings or whole wings (if whole wings, separate at joint and cut off wingtips for wings and drumettes)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Whisk apricot jam, sriracha, soy sauce, and oil to combine. Place chicken wings in a layer on a baking sheet.
- Baste wings with sauce, flip, and baste on other side. Place in oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, basting with more sauce a few times while cooking. Makes about 24 chicken wings.
Love the recipe? Hungry for more? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else on the site.