This savory Stir-Fry Sesame Chicken swoops to the rescue on busy nights. It’s quick, easy, and appeals to the whole family.
Juicy, bold veggies like sliced bell peppers and tender green beans cook to perfection in sesame oil and garlic. Add chicken strips, and the meat absorbs the vegetables’ wonderful juicy flavors. Complete the dish by topping it with scrumptious scallions, cilantro, and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.
This colorful stir-fry boasts a beautiful presentation. The fiber-rich veggies and protein-packed chicken make it a super satisfying meal. Stir up a batch and serve!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 287 | Total Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 1059mg | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Protein: 27g | SmartPoints: 9 |
- 1 tablespoon canola or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup clean-eating teriyaki sauce, divided, homemade or store-bought
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and sliced into strips
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups stemmed and chopped fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions (sliced diagonally) OR chopped cilantro
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds
- Toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Set aside.
- Coat chicken strips in half the teriyaki sauce. Add oil to a pan or wok over medium heat. Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side until golden and cooked through.
- Set aside.
- Add green beans and water or chicken stock to the pan. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, until beans are crisp-tender. Add sesame oil and peppers to the pan with the beans. Cook uncovered for about 4 minutes. Add garlic and remaining teriyaki sauce, cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Return chicken to pan and add remaining teriyaki sauce. Cook for one minute, until warmed. Remove from heat and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Garnish with scallions or cilantro.
- Serve with brown rice or noodles.
Enjoyed the recipe? We’d love to hear from you! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.