This shrimp stir fry is full of veggies and flavor!
Stir fry meals are one of the healthiest options available because they are usually loaded with veggies and whole grains. They are also popular because they are a complete meal in a single pot. They can be served vegetarian, but taste great with proteins like chicken and beef, too. In this case, shrimp adds a little seafood flair to the evening meal. Love seafood? It loves you, too! Find out why here.
Shrimp dishes are not just for special occasions. Stir fry shrimp is a great way to introduce your family to Asian style cooking or to create a simple dish your entire family will love. Shrimp meals are also great when you want to mix up your usual weekly servings of fish. If you have grown tired of salmon, tuna, and other common choices for the moment, shrimp makes a great alternative.
This dish is great during every season. Choose the freshest veggies during the heart of the harvest season or swap frozen for fresh when necessary.
Shrimp Stir Fry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth low-sodium
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp medium, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 6 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound snow peas fresh, trimmed and ready to use
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger fresh, minced
- sesame seeds toasted, for garnish, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients whisking until smooth; set aside.
- In a wok or large non-stick skillet, stir fry shrimp in 1 tsp sesame oil and 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth; about 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with spoon to separate plate and keep warm.
- Add green onion to skillet/wok and stir fry for about 3 minutes. Next, add the snow peas and stir fry for 3 minutes more until peas are crisp-tender. Add garlic and ginger root; cook 2 more minutes.
- Add sauce mixture to the wok/skillet, bring to a simmer. Add shrimp and heat through. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve over brown rice or noodles.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
This recipe contributed by Dishing With Leslie
“This dish is a very simple shrimp stir fry. You can easily add more veggies to it if you wish. This is exactly how I prepare it for my family.” –Leslie
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.