Would you love to boost your dog’s health, treat him to a delicious snack, and freshen his breath, all with one recipe? Our recipe for Superfood Doggie Fresh Breath Treats contain odor-canceling parsley, and bananas and eggs for both potassium and protein, which active dogs need to sustain them throughout the day.
Our healthy dog treats and dog food recipes are made with ingredients that are nutritious and loved by dogs. Superfood Doggie Fresh Breath Treats are made with six superfoods and nothing more. We made this recipe with organic ingredients, which are optional. Research is gone into each of our pet recipes to ensure they provide health benefits that are nutritious for your 4-legged family member. Be sure to use portion control when giving your pet treats.
Watch this video to see how to make Doggie Fresh Breath Treats.
NOTE: Check with your veterinarian before making any changes to your pet’s diet. Also, please be aware of any allergies your pet may have to specific ingredients and avoid ingredients which have caused reactions in your pets in the past. If you are unsure about a specific ingredient found in one of our recipes, introduce the food to your pets in small amounts first.
Superfood Doggie Fresh Breath Treats
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (preferably gluten free)
- 1 cup fresh parsley loosely packed and finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot peeled and grated
- 1 banana
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or coconut oil)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Add oats to a blender or food processor and pulse until a flour like consistency. Combine in a medium bowl, flour, carrots, and parsley. In a small bowl mash the banana with a fork and mix in egg and coconut oil.
- Combine banana and flour mixtures and knead until moistened. Turn dough onto a surface lightly dusted with flour. Use your hands and shape dough into a 1/4-inch thick circle. Use small to medium doggie cutter, cut out treats and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet or non-stick cookie sheet. Bake 30-35 minutes.
Tip: For dogs with allergies to chicken products, substitute 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce for one large egg.
Make sure that you subscribe to our newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on all things SkinnyMs.
For more pet tips and recipes follow us on Pinterest.
We’d love to hear what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.